- 0 Media - Ambient music is a genre of music that puts an emphasis on tone and atmosphere over traditional musical structure or rhythm.
- 8 Media - House music, (named "House Music" after The Warehouse club in Chicago where it originated in the early 1980's,) is a style of electronic dance music that was developed by dance club DJs in Chicago that were influenced by early to mid-1970s dance music as spun by DJs in New York, and spread to Detroit, New York, and eventually Europe. House music is strongly influenced by elements of the early to mid 1970s soul- and funk-infused dance music style of disco. House music takes disco's use of a prominent bass drum on every beat and developed a new style by mixing in a heavy electronic synthesizer bassline, electronic drums, electronic effects, funk and pop samples, and reverb- or delay-enhanced vocals.
Drum n Bass
- 4 Media - Latest Drum n Bass DJ Mixes
- 0 Media - Latest Dubstep DJ Mixes
the music that is created from transformers having sex
- 2 Media - Latest Electro Swing DJ Mixes
Electro swing combines the influence of vintage or modern swing and jazz mixed with house, hip hop and EDM. Successful examples of the genre create a modern and dance-floor focused sound that is more readily accessible to the modern ear, but that also retains the energetic excitement of live brass and early swing recordings.
- 0 Media - The use of electronic music technology in rock music coincided with the practical availability of electronic musical instruments and the genre's emergence as a distinct style.
- 2 Media - A word describing a genre of electronic music that sprung up in detroit and europe around the same time (early 80's). Was (and Is) characterized by a 4/4 drum kick beat (varies), mechanicalistic effects and drum patterns from drum machines and synths, occaisional bassline, melody of various kinds, and a repititive feel (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH TRANCE). Unfortunately, the word techno was hijacked by mainstream media in the late 80's to cover for everything electronic. This pisses off a load of people each day when they hear others say techno for everything from house to jungle. Please, those of you who do use the word techno for everything electronic--don't. Figure it out.
- 3 Media - Latest Trance DJ Mixes
The most sublime, divine, advanced music genre known to man, representing a quantum leap in artistic creativity analogous to the development of the frontal lobe in the human brain. Having an IQ below 130 renders one incapable of apreciating, let alone enjoying trance. Being a connoisseur of trance bespeaks of extremely high intelligence and impeccable level of personal sophistication. On the other hand, those who despise trance can uniformly be characterized as primtive troglodytes, closer to ape than man.
- 0 Media - Latest Goa Trance DJ Mixes
Goa trance is trance music with an almost spiritual sound to it
- 0 Media - Latest Progressive Trance DJ Mixes
Progressive trance features long builds and more subtle breakdowns, there are no high pitched blaring synths that trance is known for. Progressive trance and trance are beginning to merge, although true prog elitists reject the new progressive trance as real progressive trance
- 0 Media - Latest Psy Trance DJ Mixes
Throbbing, pulsating, dripping music, in yummy layers of banging bliss. A form of hard electronic music that promotes a state of trance-like exstacy. Best listened to whilst under the influence of seriously wicked drugs, amongst the shrubbery of northern NSW...good times people..seriously good times...
- 0 Media - Latest Tech Trance DJ Mixes
Tech-Trance is a sub-genre within Electronic Dance Music that draws upon the Techno and Trance genres as the name suggests. Tech-Trance focuses more on the Techno elements, incorporates traditional elements of Techno, with its repetitive nature and strong 4/4 beat, while deriving the melodic elements from Trance. Tech-Trance compositions tend to have a tempo of around 135-150 Beats per minute.
- 3 Media - Latest Uplifting Trance DJ Mixes
Uplifting trance (often synonymous with epic trance, energetic trance, anthem trance, emotional trance, or euphoric trance) is a large subgenre of trance music. The name, which emerged in the wake of progressive trance in 1996, is derived from the feeling which listeners claim to get (often described as a "rush").
- 0 Media - Latest Vocal Trance DJ Mixes
Unreal music that gets you right....there. Gives you the ability to dance for hours without drugs. Uplifting, trippy, beautiful, occasionally dark lyrics but always on the up in the end. Blindin' singers with passion. Shed loads of mixes.
- 1 Media - Latest Urban DJ Mixes
Bassline House, Speed Garage, 4x4, Breakbeat, Dub, Dubstep, Reggae, RnB / Hip Hop, Trap, Trip Hop, UK Funky, UK Garage
Chiptune / Video game music
- 2 Media - Chiptune, also known as chip music or 8-bit music, is synthesized electronic music which is made for programmable sound generator (PSG) sound chips used in vintage computers, consoles, and arcade machines.