- 0 Media - Ambient music is a genre of music that puts an emphasis on tone and atmosphere over traditional musical structure or rhythm.
- 8 Media - House music, (named "House Music" after The Warehouse club in Chicago where it originated in the early 1980's,) is a style of electronic dance music that was developed by dance club DJs in Chicago that were influenced by early to mid-1970s dance music as spun by DJs in New York, and spread to Detroit, New York, and eventually Europe. House music is strongly influenced by elements of the early to mid 1970s soul- and funk-infused dance music style of disco. House music takes disco's use of a prominent bass drum on every beat and developed a new style by mixing in a heavy electronic synthesizer bassline, electronic drums, electronic effects, funk and pop samples, and reverb- or delay-enhanced vocals.
Drum n Bass
- 4 Media - Latest Drum n Bass DJ Mixes
- 0 Media - Latest Dubstep DJ Mixes
the music that is created from transformers having sex
- 2 Media - Latest Electro Swing DJ Mixes
Electro swing combines the influence of vintage or modern swing and jazz mixed with house, hip hop and EDM. Successful examples of the genre create a modern and dance-floor focused sound that is more readily accessible to the modern ear, but that also retains the energetic excitement of live brass and early swing recordings.
- 0 Media - The use of electronic music technology in rock music coincided with the practical availability of electronic musical instruments and the genre's emergence as a distinct style.
- 2 Media - A word describing a genre of electronic music that sprung up in detroit and europe around the same time (early 80's). Was (and Is) characterized by a 4/4 drum kick beat (varies), mechanicalistic effects and drum patterns from drum machines and synths, occaisional bassline, melody of various kinds, and a repititive feel (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH TRANCE). Unfortunately, the word techno was hijacked by mainstream media in the late 80's to cover for everything electronic. This pisses off a load of people each day when they hear others say techno for everything from house to jungle. Please, those of you who do use the word techno for everything electronic--don't. Figure it out.
- 2 Media - Latest Detroit Techno DJ Mixes
Techno from it's birthplace, Detroit, Michigan. Started by The Belleville Three, this musical genre took the world by storm.
- 0 Media - Latest Dub Techno DJ Mixes
Dub techno is a subgenre of techno that combines the style with elements of dub music, including its production techniques and cultural influences.
- 0 Media - Latest Experimental Techno DJ Mixes
Experimental Techno has a similarly wide range of styles -- from the disc-error clicks and scratches of European experimenters Oval and Panasonic to the off-kilter effects (but straight-ahead rhythms) of Cristian Vogel, Neil Landstrumm, and Si Begg. Experimental techno can also include soundscape terrorists such as Twisted Science, Nonplace Urban Field, and Atom Heart; digital-age punks like Alec Empire; and former industrial stalwarts under new guises, such as Scorn, Download, or Techno Animal. Any artist wishing to take electronic dance places it's never been can be characterized as experimental, and for better or worse, that includes a large cast.
- 0 Media - Latest Hardcore Gabber DJ Mixes
- 0 Media - Latest Hard Dance DJ Mixes
Hard dance is a cross over genre between hard house, Eurodance and hard trance. This first appeared in the UK around 1998-9. Unlike the classic hoover sound of hard house and the rolling basslines, hard dance incorporates strong synths, percussion and echo effects from Eurodance and a lot of pitched up trance music and is generally regarded as happier sounding music than pure hard house.
- 0 Media - Latest Hardstyle DJ Mixes
Hardstyle is a genre of EDM characterized by heavy bass and high BPM counts, typically in the range of 150. It lacks the fluidity of trance, which is the main characteristic that distinguishes it from hard trance. It sounds much like hardcore albeit at (relatively speaking) slower BPM counts.
- 0 Media - Latest Minimal Techno DJ Mixes
a synthesizer-generated type of music characterized by a bpm (beat-per-minute) tempo of 140 on average. Minimal techno seems to be an offshoot of Rotterdam hardcore, the type of extremely-fast music in vogue on the dance-floors of the Dutch city. In the US, DJs/Producers like Jeff Mills (Detroit) have championed the sound since the early 90s and can be heard unleasing the hard, take-no-prisoners sounds of minimal techno at dancefloors across the globe. he is most popular, it seems, in Europe and, Japan.
- 0 Media - Latest UK Hardcore DJ Mixes
UK hardcore is a genre of music which evolved from and incorporates sound elements from happy hardcore. UK hardcore has a characteristically "harder" style and less break-beat associated with the happy hardcore music of the 1990s.
- 3 Media - Latest Trance DJ Mixes
The most sublime, divine, advanced music genre known to man, representing a quantum leap in artistic creativity analogous to the development of the frontal lobe in the human brain. Having an IQ below 130 renders one incapable of apreciating, let alone enjoying trance. Being a connoisseur of trance bespeaks of extremely high intelligence and impeccable level of personal sophistication. On the other hand, those who despise trance can uniformly be characterized as primtive troglodytes, closer to ape than man.
- 1 Media - Latest Urban DJ Mixes
Bassline House, Speed Garage, 4x4, Breakbeat, Dub, Dubstep, Reggae, RnB / Hip Hop, Trap, Trip Hop, UK Funky, UK Garage
Chiptune / Video game music
- 2 Media - Chiptune, also known as chip music or 8-bit music, is synthesized electronic music which is made for programmable sound generator (PSG) sound chips used in vintage computers, consoles, and arcade machines.