- 0 Media - Ambient music is a genre of music that puts an emphasis on tone and atmosphere over traditional musical structure or rhythm.
- 8 Media - House music, (named "House Music" after The Warehouse club in Chicago where it originated in the early 1980's,) is a style of electronic dance music that was developed by dance club DJs in Chicago that were influenced by early to mid-1970s dance music as spun by DJs in New York, and spread to Detroit, New York, and eventually Europe. House music is strongly influenced by elements of the early to mid 1970s soul- and funk-infused dance music style of disco. House music takes disco's use of a prominent bass drum on every beat and developed a new style by mixing in a heavy electronic synthesizer bassline, electronic drums, electronic effects, funk and pop samples, and reverb- or delay-enhanced vocals.
- 0 Media - Latest Ambient / Chillout DJ Mixes
Ambient house is a subgenre of house music that first emerged in the late 1980s, combining elements of acid house and ambient music. Tracks in the ambient house genre typically feature four-on-the-floor beat patterns, synth pads, and vocal samples integrated in a style classed as "atmospheric".
- 0 Media - Chicago House DJ Mixes
Chicago house refers to house music produced during the mid to late 1980s within Chicago. The term is generally used to refer to the first ever house music productions, which were by Chicago-based artists in the 1980s.
- 2 Media - Deep House DJ Mixes
Deep house is known for tempos typically from 120bpm-125bpm, spacious use of percussion elements, muted basslines, soft keyboard sounds (pads), use of advanced chord structures, ambient mixes, and soulful vocals (if any).
Deep Tech House
- 0 Media - Deep Tech House DJ Mixes
Tech house is a subgenre of house music that mixes elements of techno with house. The term tech house developed as a shorthand record store name for a category of electronic dance music that combined musical aspects of techno, such as "rugged basslines" and "steely beats," with the harmonies and grooves of progressive house. The music originally had a clean and minimal production style that was associated with techno from Detroit and the UK.
- 1 Media - Latest Electro House DJ Mixes
Electro house (also known as electronic house and dirty house) is a subgenre of house music that rose to become one of the foremost genres of electronic dance music in 2004-6. Stylistically, it takes the 4/4 beats and moderate tempo of 'normal' house and adds harmonically rich analogue basslines, abrasive high-pitched leads and the occasional old-school piano or string riff. There is much cross-pollination with minimal techno.
- 0 Media - Latest Funky House DJ Mixes
Funky house, also known as disco house, is a subgenre of house music that uses funk or disco samples, a funk or disco-inspired bass line or a strong soul influence, combined with drum breaks that draw inspiration from 1970s and 1980s funk or disco records. The use of disco strings are also common in the genre, although not always.
- 1 Media - Latest Future House DJ Mixes
Future House is hypothetically a mixture between deep and progressive house. It is a a recently started genre of electronic dance music that was mistakenly started by the popular artist Tchami. He labeled his tracks on SoundCloud "Future House" which he put up as a joke. He defined it in an interview stating that "it is basically every tunes that pushes forward the House genre." People took it seriously and the internet itself is forming it as a new genre of music.
- 0 Media - Latest Fidget House DJ Mixes
A so called "sub-genre" in house music. The name describes the restless, driving feel of that particular style achieved by very short, funky samples and agressive reese-basslines (mostly FM Synthesis).
- 0 Media - Latest Progressive House DJ Mixes
A term used to describe forward thinking electronic house music originating in the UK in the early 90's. Originally coined as a joke by a Mixmag journalist, it came to describe the sound championed by Sasha & John Digweed at Renaissance, Venue 44, Mansfield in the early 90's. "Renaissance - The Mix Collection" released in 1994 was the first ever DJ mix album, and defined the "progressive house" sound, taking in elements of trance and U.S. house. Other prominent DJ's in the "progressive house" scene include Dave Seaman, Nick Warren and James Zabiela.
- 1 Media - Latest Tech House DJ Mixes
A cross breed of house and techno music, generally keeping the tempo, beat and rhythm of a house song. Electronic and synthetic instruments are usually laid over to form the fusion of house and techno.
- 0 Media - Latest Tribal House DJ Mixes
Tribal house is a subgenre of house music which combines traditional house music with world music. It is similar in structure to deep house, but provides elements of ethnic or indigenous musical percussions (typically conga drums or its synthesized derivative).
- 0 Media - Latest Tropical House DJ Mixes
Tropical house, also known as trop house, is a subgenre of deep house,with elements of dancehall and Balearic house. Artists of the genre are often featured at various summer festivals such as Tomorrowland. The genre was popularized by artists like Thomas Jack, Kygo, Matoma, Lost Frequencies, Teddy Beats, and Klingande.
- 0 Media - Latest Witch House DJ Mixes
A genre of music created by surrealist goth ravers and post chillwaver's that consist of a linear beat with mild reverb, popular sounding synth line (think 90's trance), and a whispering/ auto tuned tween hipster playing un-quantized samples from a Roland SP-404.
- 0 Media - Microhouse, buftech or sometimes just minimal, is a subgenre of house music strongly influenced by minimalism and 1990s techno. Microhouse shares some common elements with less intense deep house, notably low pulsating basslines and long-lasting crashes; however, they diverge in tempo and the presence of vocals.
- 3 Media - Mixed Genre House DJ Mixes
Only house mixes with various house genre's
Drum n Bass
- 4 Media - Latest Drum n Bass DJ Mixes
- 0 Media - Latest Dubstep DJ Mixes
the music that is created from transformers having sex
- 2 Media - Latest Electro Swing DJ Mixes
Electro swing combines the influence of vintage or modern swing and jazz mixed with house, hip hop and EDM. Successful examples of the genre create a modern and dance-floor focused sound that is more readily accessible to the modern ear, but that also retains the energetic excitement of live brass and early swing recordings.
- 0 Media - The use of electronic music technology in rock music coincided with the practical availability of electronic musical instruments and the genre's emergence as a distinct style.
- 2 Media - A word describing a genre of electronic music that sprung up in detroit and europe around the same time (early 80's). Was (and Is) characterized by a 4/4 drum kick beat (varies), mechanicalistic effects and drum patterns from drum machines and synths, occaisional bassline, melody of various kinds, and a repititive feel (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH TRANCE). Unfortunately, the word techno was hijacked by mainstream media in the late 80's to cover for everything electronic. This pisses off a load of people each day when they hear others say techno for everything from house to jungle. Please, those of you who do use the word techno for everything electronic--don't. Figure it out.
- 3 Media - Latest Trance DJ Mixes
The most sublime, divine, advanced music genre known to man, representing a quantum leap in artistic creativity analogous to the development of the frontal lobe in the human brain. Having an IQ below 130 renders one incapable of apreciating, let alone enjoying trance. Being a connoisseur of trance bespeaks of extremely high intelligence and impeccable level of personal sophistication. On the other hand, those who despise trance can uniformly be characterized as primtive troglodytes, closer to ape than man.
- 1 Media - Latest Urban DJ Mixes
Bassline House, Speed Garage, 4x4, Breakbeat, Dub, Dubstep, Reggae, RnB / Hip Hop, Trap, Trip Hop, UK Funky, UK Garage
Chiptune / Video game music
- 2 Media - Chiptune, also known as chip music or 8-bit music, is synthesized electronic music which is made for programmable sound generator (PSG) sound chips used in vintage computers, consoles, and arcade machines.