- 0 Media - Ambient music is a genre of music that puts an emphasis on tone and atmosphere over traditional musical structure or rhythm.
- 8 Media - House music, (named "House Music" after The Warehouse club in Chicago where it originated in the early 1980's,) is a style of electronic dance music that was developed by dance club DJs in Chicago that were influenced by early to mid-1970s dance music as spun by DJs in New York, and spread to Detroit, New York, and eventually Europe. House music is strongly influenced by elements of the early to mid 1970s soul- and funk-infused dance music style of disco. House music takes disco's use of a prominent bass drum on every beat and developed a new style by mixing in a heavy electronic synthesizer bassline, electronic drums, electronic effects, funk and pop samples, and reverb- or delay-enhanced vocals.
Drum n Bass
- 4 Media - Latest Drum n Bass DJ Mixes
- 0 Media - Latest Dubstep DJ Mixes
the music that is created from transformers having sex
- 0 Media - Purists hate it, call these guys sell-outs, etc. But it's dope. I love the hip-hop influence and vocal samples. It focuses on the glitches and blips with lots of syncopated drum breaks and dynamic fluctuations in the feel of the song. While some don't like the progression of the sub-genre, it simply feels mature and has widespread appeal.
- 0 Media - It's like being in a psychedelic forest like you might see in the movie Avatar, but it's all somber and makes you reminisce of days when the kingdom was at peace. But soon the prophecy will be fulfilled and solace will return to the land. It's got a lot of fantasy elements to it's lyrical content.
- 0 Media - Latest Filthstep DJ Mixes
Filthstep is the lo-fi, Super Nintendo cousin of Dubstep. It's somewhere between Nerdcore and Seattle garage band music. It sounds like a 5th generation copy of a cassette tape half the time. That's one part of the "filth" term. The other is that its very noisy and rhythmically aggressive and not very melodic.
- 0 Media - • Home » Blog » Interesting » Here
The 17 Sub-Genres of Dubstep
Thursday - Jan 7, 2016 • INTERESTING
Believe it or not, there's a boatload of sub-genres in Dubstep, which is itself a sub-genre of Drum & Bass. You could go as far as to call these sub-sub-genres, or as I like to call them: Sub-Dubs.
It wasn't always this way. I blame the advances in computer tech. Everyone and their mom can now buy dubstep creation software for cheap, watch a few tutorials, create their own special snowflake style of Dubstep, and upload it to Soundcloud and Reddit... all within about an hour's time. I guess it's clever marketing, carving out your own path and being a big fish in a small pond.
Regardless, I've put together a list of 17 sub-genres, although I encountered even more names
- 0 Media - focuses on science fiction and philosophical content and sound. For instance, the artists I'm about to suggest have a song called Substance Abuse about the psychedelic effects of a chemical called "nepetalactone cycloalkane, that is... catnip."
- 0 Media - One of my personal favorites, Glitchstep puts the fancy drum patterns and wobbles in the background and really spends its time focused on the glitches. The glitches are the high frequency, fast paced sounds that you'd expect to hear in a UFO. Think of the sound you hear when Neo first gets sucked into the Matrix when he touches that mirror. That's Glitchstep's feel.
- 0 Media - Half-Step produces an interesting feeling. By programming the drums at half-time, the other elements of the song feel like they are at twice the tempo at times. It can feel less aggressive and demanding of your energy, but can still give you that adrenaline rush. The cognitive dissonance of being chill but needing to head-bang will confuse and excite your brain and ears.
- 0 Media - Post-Dubstep is the cultural and philosophical advancement of the typical Dubstep sound. It's an attempt at maturation and forward movement by the intellectuals of the genre. To further this growth, these artists have dropped down from the usual 140 BPM's to 130 beats per minute as their tempo. They've also, in addition to the UK Garage, Drum & Base, Grime, and other electronic genres, have brought in elements of ambient music and even R&B.
- 0 Media - Wobblestep
Wobblestep focuses on the wobble aspect of Dubstep. The wobble is the heavy synthesizer bass line with smooth pitch bends that drives the low-end of the frequency spectrum. Here, it's accentuated and placed up front. This makes Wobblestep the most disorienting yet enjoyable sub-genre in the list.
- 2 Media - Latest Electro Swing DJ Mixes
Electro swing combines the influence of vintage or modern swing and jazz mixed with house, hip hop and EDM. Successful examples of the genre create a modern and dance-floor focused sound that is more readily accessible to the modern ear, but that also retains the energetic excitement of live brass and early swing recordings.
- 0 Media - The use of electronic music technology in rock music coincided with the practical availability of electronic musical instruments and the genre's emergence as a distinct style.
- 2 Media - A word describing a genre of electronic music that sprung up in detroit and europe around the same time (early 80's). Was (and Is) characterized by a 4/4 drum kick beat (varies), mechanicalistic effects and drum patterns from drum machines and synths, occaisional bassline, melody of various kinds, and a repititive feel (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH TRANCE). Unfortunately, the word techno was hijacked by mainstream media in the late 80's to cover for everything electronic. This pisses off a load of people each day when they hear others say techno for everything from house to jungle. Please, those of you who do use the word techno for everything electronic--don't. Figure it out.
- 3 Media - Latest Trance DJ Mixes
The most sublime, divine, advanced music genre known to man, representing a quantum leap in artistic creativity analogous to the development of the frontal lobe in the human brain. Having an IQ below 130 renders one incapable of apreciating, let alone enjoying trance. Being a connoisseur of trance bespeaks of extremely high intelligence and impeccable level of personal sophistication. On the other hand, those who despise trance can uniformly be characterized as primtive troglodytes, closer to ape than man.
- 1 Media - Latest Urban DJ Mixes
Bassline House, Speed Garage, 4x4, Breakbeat, Dub, Dubstep, Reggae, RnB / Hip Hop, Trap, Trip Hop, UK Funky, UK Garage
Chiptune / Video game music
- 2 Media - Chiptune, also known as chip music or 8-bit music, is synthesized electronic music which is made for programmable sound generator (PSG) sound chips used in vintage computers, consoles, and arcade machines.